Thursday 10 January 2013

New year, New blog.
I know, I know, technically not really the New Year anymore, but close. Well no-one ever accused me of being too punctual :0)
I actually have very good intentions but also, sadly, a very bad sense of time appreciation. I always seem to think I can get things done a lot faster than I really can. I think this in part is due to my need for perfection (as I see it) or O.C.D as my son calls it, and also a bit of A.D.D. (I frequently get side-tracked and it takes a real concentrated effort sometimes to stay with the program).
I had in fact actually started a blog with the assistance of my wonderful technical expert (my son Ryan), last March. But a lot of stuff happened last year and unfortunately that didn't include the blog.
One of my New years resolutions this year is working on my commitment issues. I wasn't really aware that this was an issue for me actually until just recently. After all, my awesome husband, Doug and I have been married now for 23 years!!! But there is also the fact that I also have held more than 15 different jobs and moved more than a dozen times (including 3 countries and two continents)and still I don't know what I want to do for a living or where I want to settle down permanently (my forever home).
Well, I guess that means when I do have a good thing I know to hang on to it (my husband that is) and as for the rest I am still searching.
So now that I have more time on my hands and a re-newed sense of optimism. I am beginning again. I will not make the same mistake as I did on my last blog where I committed myself to posting a new project once a week.  (What the heck was I thinking?!)
But after the first project was completed, things got delayed. Because,.... well, life just gets in the way sometimes. And perhaps there was a bit of a commitment issue as well.
So I abandoned it.
Pathetic I know. But I got over it,....... rather quickly, truth be told.
So here's to seeing if I can follow through. (I have bullied my daughter, Brandy into following my blog so she can be my conscience in case I start to slip in my postings. I think she will revel at the chance to nag me for a change.)
So the next posting here will be of my first project of the year which involves the use of milk paint, something new to me that I am pretty excited about.
Ciao for now!



1 comment:

  1. Sounds like great adventures and a great support team. Look forward to following your adventures and what comes out of your creative zone.

    ReplyDelete